Friday, July 20, 2012

More poems

Fell-written July 8/12.

Off of the edge I fell
Spiraling towards the depths of hell
My bones, breaking one by one
All of black replacing the sun.
A darkness like none has ever seen
Like no place I have ever been
I thought that my punishment was just
I lie, I cheat, I steal, I lust.
After things that matter not
That after time will rust and rot.
Rather I must chase the prize
That makes me worthy in God's eyes.
Faith in Christ, eternal life
Ends all sin, all death, all strife.
Upwards I fall above the Earth
In heavens gates I find my worth.

Just Like in Cartoons-written July 9/12.

Little people on my shoulder
One good, one bad, one young, one older
My faith is new, so it is easy
To make my Lord a little queasy
Whisperinginto each ear
Giving me two ways to steer.
One in black, akin to lust
The other in white, both gain my trust.
Until one day, God spoke to me
"James trust me, and live in harmony
With everyone, all whom I love
Perfectly, from up above".
Quickly though, my frail hands slip
From the grasp, I've lost my grip
Dark ones, dark ones surround me now
Reminding me I fail, here's how:
I murder those with all my hate
Preventing me from Godly fate
I lust, I cheat, I hate I lie
How can God so pure, love I?
His word says "If you confess I forgive, so keep your head up".
So I can tell the dark ones "shut up"!

Frailty- written July 12/12.

My frail hands, tremble as they pen perhaps their last
My weak words, cannot say what cannot be surpassed
In my young life, I have tried and tried
To not have lust, greed and pride
Take my heart, my life my soul
And other things the devil stole.
Yet in the end, God wins center stage
But life's so hard, skip to the last page.
Fighting battles on my own
Can't be done as I groan.
Yearning for peace to quiet my heart.
Wins the fight, no need to start
Christ will conquer all my fears
As I'll be with him for eternal years.

No comments:

Post a Comment