Thursday, July 5, 2012

Conspiring and plotting

I ordered Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Cost of Discipleship and it  sparked a discussion with my good friend Matt. As some of you know, Bonhoeffer was a pastor who was involved in a plot to assassinate Adolf Hitler. Now, you're probably thinking "Oh it was Hitler, so that is okay". Well... not really, see despite being a sick, twisted piece of garbage he was a human created in God's image. Yes, he was responsible for the largest massacre ever and I feel he got what was coming to him.  But Bonhoeffer was a believer, a pastor condoning murder (I kind of just did, but Hitler killed himself) The same thing crossed my mind when Bin Laden died. At first I thought: well.. good! He got it but then I thought, he was also created in God's image like we all are.  If you do any crime, you deserve to do time. Justice must be served but murder is too far. Plus, the Americans dug themselves into a bigger hole by killing Osama. He was also responsible for a big massacre himself but I wrestle with such evil deserving death...

1 comment:

  1. "Vengeance is mine, saith the Lord."

    Justice vs. Vengeance quite a popular Christian debate. Hope you find some conclusion in your thoughts:)

    ReplyDelete