Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pain

Pain. We all go through it at some point or another. Different people react to it differently. I know there has been a LOT of pain in my life, even recently. Emotional pain has usually always got the best and worst of me, Ecclesiastes 7:2 tells us that "we can learn more at a funeral than at a feast" (The Message). Although this seems harsh, it is very true. God gives us painful times (check Ecclesiastes 3, there is a time for everything!). Some people chose to cry out their pain, some get violent and some self-injure or cut. Some also keep it in, and that's what I have done for most of my life. Although I really want to cry it out (or somehow let my pain out) I have gone that way. A prime example of this was 3 years ago, June 2007. My Grandmother passed and due to her illness I knew it was inevitable, I was pretty upset, stunned actually. I could not react at all. One of my cousins on the other hand, pounded walls and maybe even the coffin (I cannot remember) in angry sorrow. Verse 3 mentions that "crying is better than laughing" and I see elements of truth in it because pain teaches us lessons: how do deal with pain in a healthy manner and strengthens us in the long run when more comes in life.

1 comment:

  1. In tought times, the bible is a great ally: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." (Jer 29:11)

    The OT isn't commonly thought of as having great encouragement, but, taken as a whole, the message, of God's unfailing, unending, unrelenting love, in carrying out his plan for the redemption of his people, is an amazing, hope-building promise to everyone in bad times.

    Pray it out, sing it out, talk it out, think it out. God is more than able to shoulder our burdens and He wants us to understand His plan for us.

    You're continually in my prayers and I'm very proud how you've grown in your walk and in the wise choices you continue to make. Trust the Word, it is truth and freedom.

    ReplyDelete