Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Psalm 51: Remix.

I was journaling today in my Message Solo Devotional Bible and todays entry was about Psalm 51. Now, often we think of this Psalm as David crying out to God for forgiveness after having intercourse with Bathsheeba. The reader (including me) seems to make sin the bigger issue than the love one has for God. It's like I love God too much to fall into certain sins. The sin itself becomes a big issue because we disobey God. Sin likely affects God more than it does us because we created it and God is holy, perfect and pure. Although we are affected because of the consequences that follow. Lets look at God and not the sin itself (like: oh! I did this again. Woe is me!). We make sin the bigger issue because of the heavy guilt involved. It's tough to hang on to and I tend to do the same. My past sucked and I have alot of baggage. I seem to hang onto it, but an amazing friend has been telling me otherwise. That I am moving forward! I encourage you all to do the same. Move far from your past, it's already forgiven!

Anyways. The rest of this devo called for me to rewrite or paraphrase Psalm 51:1-13 here it goes:

Loving God. Give me grace and love. Clean my slate and erase my guilt. I know how terrible I have been because I have angered only you. and am paying dearly for it. I deserve death, punishment, suffering and eternal damnation for the way I have treated others and you. God, you are just and I do deserve my punishments. Abba Father, restart my life and help me move forward; far away from my troubled past. Wash me clean and pure, cleaner than a new car. More pure than an untouched virgin. Put joyful worship songs in my heart and never forget me. Love me and move forward with me. Never let me go
Amen

2 comments:

  1. ah! I have the same devotional. (I'm on day 222 today)

    i really liked this one.

    the price was paid for a relationship. not for life of guilt and shame and running away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you redid your blog! Sweet:)

    ReplyDelete