Sunday, May 2, 2010

Untitled Blog

To forewarn the reader: this is an area I have talked little about, it might be delicate or hard to read. I would appreciate prayer about this.







Depression: The word alone kinda puts my head down. For several years I've wondered what is was and if I actually have it. The dictionary meaning of it is: a condition of general emotional dejection and withdrawal; sadness greater and more prolonged than that warranted by any objective reason.

Late into my teens (actually between 18-20). I experienced what I thought was a form of depression. I have told many people of my former alcohol problem leading to my "dark period". At this time I strongly contemplated suicide and even had a note memorized. The only thing I needed was something to end it with. I felt worthless and helpless. Around this time I was meeting with a friend who was disciplng me. After giving my life to Christ, I thought my bought with depression was over. Some nights of sad came back several times. Including as recent as tonight, as I blog I am not feeling the greatest. I know people who have real diagnosed depression and is likely different than me. It's tough, but I know that God will get me past them. As I speak, I am praying and getting some text support too.

God is at the forefront of the healing process, even if I feel He's not there. He is the reason I live. Through depressive episodes I am reminded of a few things: that I must find joy in suffering. I admit I cannot do it sometimes, but thinking of it helps. Second: Pray without ceasing. It sounds cliche' to some, but constant communion with My Lord helps any bad day. No matter what.

If you feel depressed, seek God's face. Seek His word, pray. It does help. Keep God first.

3 comments:

  1. Romans 8:28
    And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to his purpose.

    That always helps me when I'm feeling down:)
    We miss you! I think we might be starting a new topic on the JC soon so keep a look out:D and vote on the pole:D:D for what you want the new topic to be:)

    I'll pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude keep the faith. You are an inspiration to me (believe it or not!) and I pray for you all the time. I know that God will lift you up and help you to stand and I know that he'll bring happiness into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. eccles. 7:3-4
    NLT.

    ReplyDelete