Thursday, January 22, 2009

Blog#1

So, I have caught on the trend to write a blog. Here I go.

When I was young, I was introduced to the gospel of Christ. Although I got "saved" at age 11, nothing sank in until almost a decade later. Went to Awana, Youth the whole deal. I just was not living a life God calls me to.
See, I had bouts with alcohol, depression and suicidal thoughts. Not a severe as some cases, but I did have my suicide note almost memorized. At one point, I stared at a massive butcher knife from my dad's collection (duh he's a butcher). Something prevented me from doing it. Lets start before that.

Many people dream of the day they turn 19 (well, in Canada at least) and right after school I hit the bar and it was a blur til 2 days after. Quite a bender indeed. In the small town I live, everyone knew I was old enough to drink, so I paid nothing for my booze. Being the first of my friends to turn 19, I was indeed the one to buy it. Got wasted every weekend, but here's the kicker. Almost every Sunday I was in church, listening to the gospel message. Hungover. A year passes and I feel super depressed, and wanted to die which I explained earlier. A good friend discipled me, rededicated my life to Christ, became more involved in church and came to bible college.
That's my story in a nut shell.

Over and Out

Trust God and do not lean on your own understanding. He will guide your paths and make them straight.

2 comments:

  1. yea fretz!! way to join the blogging craze!!
    i love your image, how did you make it??

    i'll link you from my blog kkk

    ReplyDelete
  2. my buddy Megatron (Matt) took two pictures of me, and both of my images were in it. I forget what it's called. His camera did it. wow!

    ReplyDelete